At the Annual Meeting on November 16, Property Management Committee Chair Charlie Adler asked everyone present who had helped in the maintenance of our properties over the past year to stand, and he thanked them for the essential work that they voluntarily do for the good of the land trust. He was especially appreciative for the number of people who volunteered to be site stewards this year.
He also singled out the following individuals for noteworthy accomplishments:
- Bill Ward – mowing the hayfields at Richardson.
- The Mowing Team for mowing the lawn areas at Richardson – Phil Boucher, Randy Lithway, Russ Pray. Also pitching in were James Tetreault and Johnny Bender.
- Russ Pray – rebuilding the bulkhead of the Barrows House at Richardson.
- Macie Broussard – monitoring the bluebird houses at Richardson.
- Lauretta Koch – for tending the perennial gardens at Richardson.
- Dave Rolince and Scott Hirshberg for some major repairs to the Scout boardwalk at Colman.
- Mike Davis and his sidekick Alan Henry for being our Storm Response Team and doing whatever is necessary to mitigate the effects of fallen trees at our properties.
- Randy Lithway for suggesting and completing a new pathway across from the Colman parking lot to the beginning of the Vaughan trail.
- And last but not least, board member and attorney Patrick Sullivan for his assistance in matters where our boundaries must be defended from encroachment.